Judy Abrams-Margaret Fernandez NSE Scholarship
2018 Judy Abrams-Margaret Fernández National Spanish Exam Scholarship
The Long Island Chapter is pleased to offer two scholarships in recognition of commitment and dedicated service that both Judy Abrams and Margaret Fernández provided to our chapter.
Judy Abrams’ service to our organization spanned six decades. She was instrumental in establishing the Suffolk County Chapter and served in many capacities, including President, until it merged with Nassau to become the Long Island Chapter.
Margaret Fernández provided outstanding service to our chapter for more than thirty years, serving as President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, editor of El Informador, NSE and Membership coordinator, liaison to our National Office as well as judge for many of our competitions.
The Judy Abrams-Margaret Fernández National Spanish Exam Scholarship Requirements:
- Awarded to two graduating seniors who are currently enrolled in Spanish or have completed the highest level of the Spanish courses offered in their school.
- Student’s current or final Spanish teacher must be a current member of the AATSP.
- Each Spanish teacher can only nominate ONE student.
- Students should express interest, dedication and passion for the Spanish language.
- Students should show a significant contribution to the Spanish class, the school and/or the community.
- Students must have taken the National Spanish Exam at least once during his/her high school career.
*Application, teacher’s statement, and student’s statement must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Liliana Bascetta, Sewanhaka High School, 500 Tulip Ave., Floral Park, NY 11001 or email her at email@example.com *
To download the Judy Abrams-Margaret Fernández NSE Scholarships Application, click here.
To make a donation to the Judy Abrams-Margaret Fernández Scholarships Fund, click here.